Enter our next challenge
The Current Challenge
The Global Health Innovation Challenge (GHIC) is an open innovation contest to:
● Address global health threats and boost children’s mental health
● Close racial and gender wealth gaps
● Drive economic resilience and growth
● Create sustainable, knowledge-based jobs
● Galvanize the life sciences ecosystem in the DMV and beyond
Mentorship. Entrepreneurial Training. Prize Money. Media Attention. IMPROVE PEDIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH AND PANDEMIC RESILIENCY!
● No Minimum Team Size: Enter with teammates or as an individual. We will help you to build a strong team
● Your Background: All you need to enter is an entrepreneurial spirit! We will teach you what you need to know
● No Geography Restrictions: Participants in the Global Health Innovation Challenge can come from anywhere in the world
The Global Health Innovation Challenge (GHIC) is orchestrated by the Center for Advancing Innovation (CAI) with support from Resonance Philanthropies of the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, Children’s National Hospital, and the United States Economic Development Administration (EDA) Build to Scale (B2S) Program. As with CAI’s prior challenges, teams will advance promising de-risked inventions selected with rigorous due diligence by potential investors and industry experts. Teams may also enter with their own commercially viable inventions. CAI invites anyone to submit an idea with the potential to improve children’s mental health and pandemic resiliency. An expert judging panel will select a total of 15+ winners from the pool of teams, advancing promising inventions.
Resonance Philanthropies is a donor-advised fund of Silicon Valley Community Foundation with the primary funding interests in Children’s Health and Plastic Pollution. The Fund supports the interests of its co-founders, Sheri Sobrato and Eric Brisson. Resonance Philanthropies founded the Digging Deep Project, which supports the emotional health of adolescents globally, through Shadow’s Edge, the first-ever free mobile game designed to build resilience in teen and young adult patients and those facing adverse life circumstances or difficulties of all kinds. https://www.shadowsedge.com/
Participate in CAI’s curated accelerator training program and learn about business planning from world-class experts.